Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 4:34:10 PM EDT
Hey guys,

What's you favorite plinking practice ammo? Around here, Winchester White box and Remington's UMC is the most common. I personally haven't noticed too much difference between them. Have you guys? Is there any other cheap, commonly available, ammo you all prefer more than either of these two? I try and stay away from Wolf and Blazer as I prefer to stick with brass cased ammo. I know there is the new Blazer Brass out that's in the same price ball park. Any others that I'm over looking?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:44:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#2]
About a week ago I used some winchester white box Q3131 (5.56 55 gr. FMJ with WCC brass).  Big mistake.  It shot okay but reliability sucked.  Out of every 10 about 3 would jam or have some kind of malfunction.  Out of 60, 6 blew primers.  Pretty bad.  On the other hand the other winchester white box worked well.  The .223 62 gr. FMJ (with winchester brass) was fine.  No problems whatsoever.  Shot well from my RRA NM, 10 shot groups were about 1-1.25" at 50 yds.  but that's my fault.  Used UMC 150 gr. 30-06 and bullets hit the target sideways.  I have never had that problem with any other ammo in any of my guns.  Will NEVER use UMC again.  Hope that helps.  MJD
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:37:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey guys,

Thanks for the info so far. I should have been more clear and stated I was mostly interested in 9mm ammo for the sake of this discussion and the cheaper (cost wise) the better.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:30:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hey guys,

Thanks for the info so far. I should have been more clear and stated I was mostly interested in 9mm ammo for the sake of this discussion and the cheaper (cost wise) the better.

Thanks

wolf.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#5]
PMC is about as cheap as I get. Goes bang but is a little dirty. Around here UMC is the same price as American Eagle so I go for the Eagle. I've been known to carry Eagle fmj's as carry ammo because I've never had a gun jam on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top