Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 4:20:08 PM EDT
Hey guys,

Do you care or think it matters what grain bullet you use for your plinking\practice ammo?

For defensive use, I like mid range weight (124-127gr) +P ammo but for practice, does it matter if I use 115gr or 124gr or even 147 (if that's all they have)? I wouldn't think it would but maybe I'm missing something?

Assuming it doesn't matter and you have a choice of any of the three for the same price, which do you choose and why?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:19:52 AM EDT
[#1]
For true plinking, no. Plinking means going out and having fun blowin' up tators or something. If your definition of plinking is like mine where it's both for fun AND useful practice with a self defense platform, then I think it does matter. I try using about the same loading and weight as my carry ammo so the rounds strike at the same point as my carry stuff. For instance, when I had my .40 I used 165 grain Hydras and my plinking ammo was 165 grain American Eagle. Both about same quality as far as accuracy. But then again I wouldn't pass up a good sale.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I just use 115gr. for practice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top