Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2010 8:30:59 AM EDT
I am refinishing a Combat Commander. I will be sending the slide to be milled for Novak sights but not having them installed. How do I figure the front sight height?
Link Posted: 7/4/2010 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Novak does a very good job matching sight heights to full-size/commander slide lengths, going with what they say isn't a bad idea. Many factors come into play with 1911's. Slide thickness on top, thickness of barrel bushing, amount of lockup in locking lugs, amount of barrel rise from the link, etc. They have figured a pretty good set of averages.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:29:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Novak does a very good job matching sight heights to full-size/commander slide lengths, going with what they say isn't a bad idea.

+1
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:13:15 AM EDT
[#3]
could be a crap shoot.......I sent three 1911 slides to Novak's for sight installation.........Their work is first class and quick turnaround............the down side......I only sent them the slides.........two shot low and one was dead on.........on one of the pistols I filed down the front sight......on the other I purchased an adjustable rear sight............

I guess thats why they rec you send them the complete firearm so it can be tested and done correctly...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top