Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2002 7:35:24 AM EDT
Can anyone tell me why it seems like, present company excepted, pistolsmiths seem to bicker and snipe at each other unmercifully on just about any forum you care to name? Maybe they just haven't found this one yet, but on 1911forums.com, pistolsmith.com and many others, they are at each other's throats all the time.

Is it a disagreement over methods and materials, ethics or just a personality conflict?
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 3:41:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 5:58:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Jarhead

May I submit something to you?

I know of what you speak and the recent flame wars.
What is missed in all of that mess is that In My opinion, Most of the Pistolsmith's get along not just Ok but Very well.

We are fortunate to do work for over 25 different shops. There are a LOT of friendships in the industry. But if it was like the recent flames I am sure that The work would not be sent to a fellow smith. There are several shops that do work for other shops, we are not the only one!

I think Kurt is correct that EGO plays a big role. I also think if you read the posts and Only a couple Individuals Flame others, Those interested in having work done will note this.

geo ><>

Sorry Kurt, Edited for spelling.
Ps Please Don't take it personal. My Spelling is pore!or is that poor?

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:31:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:20:58 AM EDT
[#4]
The above referenced flame wars between #$% and !%^&*+ (no, I'm not naming names, I don't wish to give either recognition on this board) have gotten to be pretty ridiculous and has made me decide that I'll never use either's services.  
And I like custom handguns and spend a lot of money on them.  
I would have considered both, before this started and spread from one board to the next.
I am neither a #$%? "Disciple" or a !%^&*+ "wanna be".
Now, I'll just keep using Kurt Wickmann and soon Mr. Kurt Wala (that sure makes it easy to remember who works on my guns...Kurt!)
I wonder just how much business and respect this on-going flame was has and will cost them?
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, they must have all the work they can handle because the public bickering and bitching certainly doesn't assist in their marketing effort.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top