Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2008 1:54:00 PM EDT
I put a new slide (Caspian) on my old #17 - now it fires when I pull the trigger AND when I release the trigger??  Trigger bow, trigger & block, all stock. I used parts from old slide on new one. Is there some sort of miss match or dimensional stack-up?
Any help with the cause, and cure would be appreciated. Thanks!

Well, apparently there ARE some differences between the original Glock slide and the Caspian Glock slide! The original striker embossment (the little part the trigger bow catches on to fire the gun - don't know the proper name) has more to it (is closer the the bow) than a replacement light weight striker. The old striker was rubbing on the bow holding it back and causing it to fire when the trigger was released! I put the new striker on the new slide ––- runs fine!!  FYI
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow never heard of that.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I put a new slide (Caspian) on my old #17 - now it fires when I pull the trigger AND when I release the trigger??  Trigger bow, trigger & block, all stock. I used parts from old slide on new one. Is there some sort of miss match or dimensional stack-up?
Any help with the cause, and cure would be appreciated. Thanks!

Well, apparently there ARE some differences between the original Glock slide and the Caspian Glock slide! The original striker embossment (the little part the trigger bow catches on to fire the gun - don't know the proper name) has more to it (is closer the the bow) than a replacement light weight striker. The old striker was rubbing on the bow holding it back and causing it to fire when the trigger was released! I put the new striker on the new slide ––- runs fine!!  FYI

A friend of mine had that problem and I replaced the CONNECTOR, which solved the problem.

Don't be so ham fisted putting it together.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top