Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2003 7:48:15 PM EDT
I want a new project. And after much studying, decided to pursue the good old 1911. I want to do an 80%, but I only know of DLask and Tannery shop. Dlask has them, but BATF is stalling their paperwork (Wasn't NAFTA supposed to clear that kind of stuff up?!?!).
 Anyway, Tannery shop is in transition. Tannery himself is going to fight in Iraq (a big Thank you for him), and his takeover company is a bit backed up.
 That being said, I did see a nice officer length frame on ebay the other day, and it was a 70%. I'd rather do an 80% first and if I don't mess that up then move on to a 70% next.I have no clue who sells unfinished frames (asside from those two afforementioned companies), let alone in officer length.
 So, the big question is, does anyone know who is making any unfinished frames for the 1911?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending on how much you want to spend, you could give Rick at KT ordinance a try:
www.ktordnance.com/kto/

I have ordered a frame from him in the past and while you might wait a few weeks, his products are high quality.  The 1911 is CNC machined in two halves and industrial strength brazed together (don't worry about strength, they're tough).  Way better than a tannery casting if you ask me.  And dlask products look pretty rough as well.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#2]
 Thanks. I actually just found out about KT about 3 days ago while checking out rodrerus custom's page.  And you're right, they're sleeker, more refined, and best of all, they have the built in accesory rail.(let's not forget, they're in stock)
 I'm ordering next week, and from people have posted, I won't be dissapointed.
 Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top