Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2008 11:44:29 PM EDT
Got a bit of an oddball here. I have a 1926 S&W Straightline pistol that has had the firing pin sear break, well it actualy sheared off. I have talked to a welding expert friend and they have determined I cannot weld up and machine it back down to spec, so I am left to remachine the part. But, I would love to have a blueprint of the piece, or some advice on finding someone capable of machining the piece. (It is hardened stainless from what I can tell.) Any thoughts or suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of a S&W Straightline.  You need more identification about the actual S&W model number.
In any case, if the gun was made in the 1920's, the part will NOT be stainless steel.
Stainless was not used in guns back then.

I'd suggest looking for a replacement part.
Here's some good parts houses:

www.e-gunparts.com/model.asp?idDept=230

www.jackfirstgun.com/
Possibly the best parts house, but you have to call.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Never heard of a S&W Straightline.  You need more identification about the actual S&W model number.

They didn't use model numbers back then.  The Straight Line Target (AKA: 4th Model Single-Shot) was a single shot .22 LR target pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top