Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2003 5:49:35 PM EDT
I am planning on buying a parts cleaner that has a recirculating pump.  What is a good safe solvent I can use.  I need low to no flammability.  I have seen Simple Green used to soak car parts in that came clean after a good brushing.  Is that a viable option for gun cleaning?  I am used to using Breakfree and Hoppe's no.9 solvent.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used Simple Green at 50-50 solution to water with good results. This is the industrial grade purchased at Auto-Zone, Not the pre-diluted spray bottle stuff. Works well but is
NOT for use on anodized aluminum (AR15 uppers &
Lowers for instance) as it removes the anodizing
over time. This idea comes from the gunsmithing video people AGI (I think,Sometimes) who use
it instead of solvents as it is more people
friendly/enviro friendly. Good shooting, Chuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top