Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2001 7:38:51 PM EDT
Anyone ever polish one of these on an automatic? I am probably going to attempt this on my mother's berreta 21A with a dremel tool. Anyone know what I should use, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 4:48:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure, do not use anything other than the felt wheels and the red buffing compound from Dremel. The mounted stones are waaay too agressive for this simple polishing job. I have done many feed ramps with the felt wheels and they came out with a mirror finish.

Email me if you have any questions concerning this project.

AKASL

LIVE FREE OR DIE

NEW HAMPSHIRE
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:51:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Polished a feedramp on a 1911 and used the Dremel felt that looked like a pellet.  Asked a jeweler for rouge and he said Brasso.  Brass polish worked great and ramp was like a mirror.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top