Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 12:06:56 PM EDT
Got Novak sights on a Springfield loaded.  Had a problem with the original screw getting stripped.  Springfield sent me a replacement.  Problem is, I cant keep the rear sight from coming lose.  

The rear sight slides in and out pretty easily when you loosen the screw.  What (if anything) can I put on it to keep it from coming loose?  Red Loctite?  I  tried some Blue loctite on the screw and it didn't cut it.  Seems like someone told me (or I read it) to coat the dovetail cut and screw with red loctite.  Is that enough to hold it?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#1]
That'll do it.
Later, if you ever need to remove it, just apply MILD heat of about 300 degrees to break the Loctite down.

Best installation here is to use a good solvent like lacquer thinner to degrease the slide dovetail and the bottom of the sight.

Dry, then apply the Loctite Red.  This will insure a good bond.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:20:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Great.  Thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top