Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 11:37:37 AM EDT
Well, after just picking up my SA TRP (it is used) I was removing the grips to clean it really thoroughly and a grip screw broke off leaving the shaft of the screw still completely threaded into the hole with no way to grab it.  I tried to drill it out with a drill bit smaller than the screw but it just drilled through the center of the screw shaft and never even moved the threads or started unscrewing it at all.  Now what do I do to get it out without hurting the screw hole or threading in the frame?  Thanks for any help at all.

Ok, I just looked at the exploded diagragm and saw there is a grip scre escutcheon attached to the frame that the grip screws screw into.  Acording to the diagram the grip screw escutcheon is removable.  If so that would take care of the problem, I could replace the escutcheon and the grip screw.  How do you remove the grip screw escutcheon?  Does it just unscrew from the frame?

The problem is now resolved!!  I just spoke with SA and then removed the escutcheon the are sending me a new escutcheon and grip screw free of charge!!  All will be good again!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top