Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2021 1:28:10 PM EDT
I purchased a trigger kit for my SW40VE from M*Carbo.  I've held onto this thing for years as it was the first handgun that I ever bought.  The kit came with the new spring and a small wood dowel to help with reassembling the trigger mechanism.  While trying to push the assembly dowel out with the pin, the dowel broke and now I can't get the pin back in to hold the little spring.  I have never done any type of gunsmithing, but I am pretty handy with computers and cars.  Any ideas what I could use instead of the assembly dowel?  It would have been nice if they had provided a small piece of wire instead of the tiny little stick.  I looked to see if I had some wire that would work, but I don't.  I might have to go hunting at the hardware store for something that will work.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I put an Apex on mine. It did not come with a wood slave pin.

I made one out of a tooth pick.

I also put an apex on my M&P Shield. It was not too bad.

The trigger for the SW40VE was very challenging.

A pain in the ass for sure.

I am a trained armorer and that was the most challenging install I have ever done.

I believe if I had to do another I could now do it in less time... but it is still tricky using the slave pin, and trying without using a slave pin would be a greater challenge.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:09:27 AM EDT
[#2]
@CaptWigWag

I just installed an MCARBO spring kit in my SD9VE

Don't bother following their tutorial use the APEX video instructions. You'll have to drive out the rear frame pin in order to remove the sear block assembly which in turn allows you to raise the trigger bar to allow the trigger return spring front loop to align with the holes.

Reinstall the pin from RIGHT TO LEFT NOT LEFT TO RIGHT and forget that silly slave pin you won't need it.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Just posted this to the Smith & Wesson forums.

https://www.smithandwessonforums.com/threads/sd9ve-m-carbo-spring-kit-upgrade-install-experince-aar.218316/#post-2485380

Look at your rear frame pin very carefully, if its knurled on one side you'll have to drive it out from the opposite side (mine was just a straight pin).

ETA: I just discovered that the OP posted this in January. LOL I hope he got it done!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top