Posted: 12/28/2020 8:40:16 PM EDT
So... which is the best place to use?

Battle Werx
or
JagerWerks

Pros... cons???
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:01:34 PM EDT
[#1]
My jagerwerks milled g19 slide is perfect. No cons other than the wait time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So... which is the best place to use?

Battle Werx
or
JagerWerks

Pros... cons???
View Quote

Both good choices.

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:16:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I chose jagerworks based on a number of 5 star recommendations. The $80 slide milling deal for Black Friday sealed the deal.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:18:07 PM EDT
[#4]
In RMR-cutting a slide, you need to decide whether you're going to re-finish / re-coat the entire slide or just "touch-up" the RMR cut (subject to rust).  IMO, the JagerWerks black nitride is better than the OEM gen5 finish.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't use the people I used (Lewiston, ID).

They cut deep into the safety plunger chamber and now the spring is exposed to dirt, water, ect.    

Apparently their reasoning is the RMR dot sits on top of standard height front sights.

Now I have a gun I probably can't trust ever again.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Ive only used JagerWerks and they were super.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:12:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a local guy with CNC machine that cuts them well and cerakotes. Patricks Gunshop in Shreveport LA. Very reasonable.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:49:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Because of research and threads like this... I sent my 19X slide to JagerWerks yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I used JagerWerks because they are local to me. 100% happy with my choice.

They use TechNickel in Benton Harbor, MI to refinish their machining using a hot salt bath nitriding process. TechNickel will perform this work for anyone who contacts them for the same price, thereby passing JagerWerks is you don't need work performed by them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I got my 19X slide back from JagerWerks
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I really like Primary machine. Faster ship times that the others mentioned in this thread, and amazing work as well as good price.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:52:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They cut deep into the safety plunger chamber and now the spring is exposed to dirt, water, ect.    

Apparently their reasoning is the RMR dot sits on top of standard height front sights.

View Quote

Who? Names. We need names.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:56:34 AM EDT
[#13]
jagerwerks
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:58:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

any way with a sealing plate you could maybe use a sealant between the plate and the slide?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top