Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2020 2:00:52 PM EDT
Just picked up a surplus Star Super B.
I haven’t taken it to the range yet, but I noticed that I can pull the trigger and drop the hammer with the magazine removed.
This isn’t supposed to happen with these pistols right?
Since this was a surplus pistol, I doubt it would have been modified by its former user.
What should I check for to make sure this thing is safe to shoot?
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#1]
The magazine safety is very important in the Super B as it also locks the disassembly lever.

With a magazine in can you rotate the disassembly lever?
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, its completely locked in place with the mag inserted.

ETA: Just talked to someone in the gun room at Sarco (who I ordered it from) to see about replacement parts.
He said a lot of this Israeli batch of Super Bs had the mag safety removed, and it won’t affect safety or function beyond making the gun usable without a mag. Hmm..

I can’t find a schematic of the super B to get an idea of how the part works in these guns.

ETA: also... just found out one of the grip screws is buggered up. Did Star use the same type of grip screws across multiple models, or do I need to find one in stock thats “model B, super” specific?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty sure the grip screws were used across a bunch of different models.

There is a guy on eBay I think who sells replacement SS screws.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I ordered a set.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top