Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2020 8:55:54 AM EDT
For anyone who may be looking to get a sight pusher tool I thought thought I would share my .02 here.  I bought a used Glock 26 and the previous owner obviously had a low left issue because the sights were pushed clear to the side of the slide.  I had previously looked at the MGW sight pusher tool which is the standard but by the time I bought inserts for the G43 (I have the 17, 19, 26, and 43... just missing the 34 and 17L:) it would have ended up being more expensive than the Real Avid universal tool.  I don't really envision using it on anything but a Glock, but then again I do have friends... and they also have guns.

Overall impression is really positive.  This is a very solid piece, very heavy, and well machined.  I think the fit and finish is great and everything slides smoothly with no slop.  I initially didn't set the pusher inline with the sight but on subsequent attempts I figured it out, tiny little rub mark on my rear sight which was solely me not putting it in the right place, probably would recommend a piece of blue tape if you are worried, I am not.  Again this was on me and it is a microscopic mark.  

The really thought this through and it is a very well designed piece.  I know at the end of the day this is just a sight pusher, but it is a $150 investment so I just thought I would share.  If anyone has any questions or would like pictures let me know.

As a bonus, for those of you who read the directions, on the back of the literature there is a message regarding their philosophy on life and business to their "Friends and Customers" that is worth the read.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 12:54:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been looking for a decent Glock sight pusher.

I did read somewhere that the factory rear sight should only be pushed one direction, but I have to see if I made a note of which way it was.

Right now I've got a used Gen 4 G19 MOS with tall steel suppressor sights and I want to install factory Glock standard height steel sights.

So not the problem of pushing the plastic sights only one way, but I still need a good pusher.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 4:35:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are only doing glock sights this will be more than enough. If you are going to attempt beretta, Springfield xd etc. You will wish you got the mgw sight pro, the slide shoe support really helps to lock in the slide and prevent the rails from cracking.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:46:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Another sight pusher is the fairly new Lyman Accusight. I see some prices in the $110 range. Looks extremely robust.

You could always get one of these Universal pushers from 4x4 machine shop. I got mine off fleaBay for $65 free shipping and I don't think I paid tax, either:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162774304090?hash=item25e61ac55a:g:vSQAAOSwNSxU5SEu

More than enough for Glock rear sights.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Functionally, that Avid looks a lot like the Wheeler one I have been looking at.
https://www.amazon.com/Wheeler-Engineering-Construction-Gunsmithing-Maintenance/dp/B01B3NU0U2
Amazon Product
  • Handgun sight tool designed to install, un-install or adjust front and rear dovetail sights and works on all semi auto pistols
  • Precision machined unit with large 4 post drive knob to easily push the sight
  • Fully captures and supports slide so it won't deform

I'm looking for something that can handle front and rear on Sigs ( mostly 320, maybe a 365 here and there, occassional 226/228. etc, but I can't rule out an occasional M&P or...)

I like the tool flip on the Avid - no tools, where the wheeler needs to be unscrewed and remounted.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 5:27:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Bear in mind that there are some sights that don't lend themselves to being installed with a pusher. An example would be Hi Viz. Another example would be Smith and Wesson-centric rear sights as the bearing surface is not over the dovetail.

A sight pusher does not relieve the installer of the responsibility of fitting the sight prior to final installation.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 3:11:31 AM EDT
[#7]
It's getting about time I have to decide between the Wheeler and Avid, and order one.

So far I've identified a few differences.
- Size (not a big deal)
- nicer crank wheel on the Avid
- someone mentioned that the Avid pusher is plain aluminum? I'm guessing the Wheeler is steel?
- the Wheeler has a cupped top hold-down for curved top slides
- easy pusher change on the Avid vs screwed in pusher on the Wheeler

Has anyone been able to compare these head-head, or have experience with one or the other and the slides I'm likely to be using it on?
...P365, P320, P320 x5, P226/228, CZ P10, CZ 75, M&P and M&P 2.0 are likely to be the frequent fliers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top