Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2020 6:40:17 PM EDT
Hi all,

I've got a Sig P365XL with the RomeoZero and I need to replace the battery in the Romeo. No problem there, but the owner's manual indicates that I need to re-tighten the allen screws to exactly 9 in-lbs. when I reattach the site to the gun. I can't seem to find an inexpensive tool for doing this. The best I've found on Amazon is this device from Wheeler, but its lowest torque setting is 10 in-lbs. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

FYI I've posted this query on other gun forums outside of AR15.com. Folks there have pointed out that the Wheeler and similar devices have a +/-1 in.-lb. margin of error and, therefore, that I don't need to worry about whether or not I'm exactly at 9 in-lbs in my current application. Still, I'm curious--am I missing some other tool that is more precise or that goes down to an in-lb rating below 10? I haven't seen one, so just asking.

Thanks!!
Dr. Blank
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged

There are a lot of fasteners that I would go ahead and use a torque driver on if I could find one inexpensively. I realize those two things are at diametric opposites, but all I can seem to find are overpriced gunsmithing units, and worn out factory production ones on eBay.

Good topic
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#2]
fix it sticks make limiters that are a set in/lb and also adjustable. they have a 10in/lb standard hex bit
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 7:54:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have this one.

ETA:  I just checked the specs.  It will not go as low as you need OP.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 9/25/2020 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tagged

There are a lot of fasteners that I would go ahead and use a torque driver on if I could find one inexpensively. I realize those two things are at diametric opposites, but all I can seem to find are overpriced gunsmithing units, and worn out factory production ones on eBay.

Good topic
View Quote

Just us an actual torque wrench with adapters to hold 1/4 in hex bits.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 12:11:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Good call. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#6]
A quick search of McMaster-Carr shows a 2.5-11.5 in-lb torque screwdriver but it’s not exactly
Cheap at $95 or so.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A quick search of McMaster-Carr shows a 2.5-11.5 in-lb torque screwdriver but it’s not exactly
Cheap at $95 or so.
View Quote

They are also not all that reliable.

Just get a wrench, some hex bits, and a magnetic bit holder.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 1:58:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Wiha Torque Vario screwdrivers are what you seek. They have them down to inch/ounces if need be. They’re used a lot in tech industry settings and not cheap. I get mine from KC Tool.

Check out this page
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wiha Torque Vario screwdrivers are what you seek. They have them down to inch/ounces if need be. They’re used a lot in tech industry settings and not cheap. I get mine from KC Tool.

Check out this page
View Quote

You can purchase a first rate torque wrench and some sockets
and extension in 1/4 in drive for the price of those torque screwdrivers.

You do NOT have to use a torque screwdriver to tighten screws.

Hint: Get a torque wrench that works in both directions.
They you can use it to check screws also.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Checkline DTL-50i is what you seek. I inherited mine from a retiring machinist.

I think they are around $200 ETA $300.....

You will have an easier time finding a NM torque wrench for lighter specifications.

Maybe you can find a knockoff one on AliExpress....

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNYNLAP

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtc2Iab
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top