Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2020 3:57:14 PM EDT
I don’t have a good smith around here to install nite sights on two more HK’s I have. Last USP I had done local shop mucked it up with a punch bad,hell I can do that. Worth it to purchase a pusher for HK or attempt my own at punching them out? Thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 1:13:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I would get a pusher. It's a good investment, especially if you have multiple handguns you want to do sights on. The MGW ones are really nice, but I ended up buying one of the Wheeler ones on sale for under $100. It's been excellent. I've done 2x HK45s, 4x P30s, 1x VP9, and 1x USP. All of the HK sights have been extremely tight and difficult to remove. The pusher makes it a lot easier.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#2]
a vise and brass drift never failed me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
a vise and brass drift never failed me.
View Quote

Need to be very careful with night sights.

A press is a lot better.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 8:00:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks! I’m still looking for the right pusher. I found some HK specific ones but they are pricey for sure.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 8:39:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a MGW sight pro and a bunch of shoes for different handguns. It was a bit pricey, but I imagine it will last longer than I will at this point.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I ended up buying one of the Wheeler one
View Quote

Have you used it on front sights? I just got the Wheeler & a Real Avid today. I like the Wheeler better but for front sights I like the RA better, the shoe on it will fit down inside the dovetail and push on the sight there. The Wheeler you have to push on the blade of the sight which could snap it off? I'm thinking I'll keep the Wheeler and see about having a shoe made for it that will push from the dovetail instead of the blade. With the Wheeler the slide stayed in place while pushing. With the RA the slide was pulling up from the bottom side.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 9:49:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Have you used it on front sights? I just got the Wheeler & a Real Avid today. I like the Wheeler better but for front sights I like the RA better, the shoe on it will fit down inside the dovetail and push on the sight there. The Wheeler you have to push on the blade of the sight which could snap it off? I'm thinking I'll keep the Wheeler and see about having a shoe made for it that will push from the dovetail instead of the blade. With the Wheeler the slide stayed in place while pushing. With the RA the slide was pulling up from the bottom side.
View Quote

Yep, front and rear. I push on the blade and have had no problems at all. My experience is limited to HK factory and Trijicon HD sights, both of which are pretty stout.  Not sure if you would have problems with other brands of sights/handguns, but I would doubt it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks! I’m still looking for the right pusher. I found some HK specific ones but they are pricey for sure.
View Quote

If you have the ability to make metal blocks (steel, aluminum,
or brass all work adequately) a 'Universal pusher' can often be
adapted fit multiple guns.

If you do not want to have to adapt the pusher to each gun,
getting a brand specific pusher makes things easier usually.

Link Posted: 10/28/2020 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I was replacing my P30L rear sight and the slide cracked, tech at HK told me you need to have a special piece inside the slide when replacing it. ??????
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#10]
If it cracked at the rails then it is likely the tech was referencing a piece similar to the slide shoe that is used in the mgw sight pro that supports the slide rails.

If the o.p. has more than a few pistols that they see the need for replacing sights on the mgw sight pro is a worthwhile investment. If not find someone who has one.

The tool has more than paid for itself in my short time owning it. I think I have changed approx 6 or 7 pairs of sights so far and it has not let me down.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Fisher Solutions... deluxe set with all the blocks.  I’ve done Hk’s and a SIG so far.  Rock solid!

H
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I didn't know about a really good local gunsmith until I asked around some.  Guy has been working on guns in his basement shop for like 40 years one town over and I never knew.  

I swapped in new sights on my USP police trade-in using a brass drift- my first time ever- and it went well.  I only spent $400 on the gun and didn't want to spend another $200 on new sights and installation.

I made a couple attempts at installing new sights on my K6S and quickly abandoned all hope- they were NOT moving and I had no safe way of holding the revolver without potentially damaging it.  It went to the aforementioned gunsmith and he ended up having to saw the old rear sight down close to the bottom of the dovetail so it would collapse in on itself, then drive it out.  He did a great job and didn't damage anything.  

Know your comfort zone, don't go beyond it even if it means sending it out.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I bought a MGW sight pro and a bunch of shoes for different handguns. It was a bit pricey, but I imagine it will last longer than I will at this point.
View Quote

OK, I have to ask, without hash marks on it as Wheeler has, do you just rely upon trial and error to determine when the new sights are centered and aligned with one another?
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I replaced my hk40c sights with a Fisher Solutions sight pusher.  Installed Trij HD sights no prob.   I’ve also used it on my P225 to remove dead Trij and put stock sights back.

Very reasonably priced tool

H
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top