Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2020 12:18:14 AM EDT
I wanted a Cerakote job on my Sig P220 to match another gun I have. Well, the Cerekote part went great and the color was perfectly matched. Reassembly, however, was a major piss off. The guy, without my knowledge or permission, staked the rear of the magazine catch plate to the frame of the Sig because it "was loose."  Well it wasn't before disassembly. And that part does not require staking. Six. Fucking. Stake. Punches.

Now I have visible stake marks which show up outside of the grip. What can be done here? Does anyone know a gunsmith who can fix this?

I’ll also award one internet to anyone who can find this guys other mistake. Proving he didn’t know how to reassemble a Sig.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 2:15:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I've seen guys peen those plates before because they can be difficult to have stay in place, especially when adding layers of cerakote. All you can do is try and displace the metal back into the divots and live with it, or send it back and have him do it.

eta: A good Gunsmith can fix it, but it won't be that cheap and move your trigger bar spring back to where it belongs, it's also a common mistake.

Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:18:19 AM EDT
[#2]
The Trigger bar spring was the icing on the cake because I thought to myself, well at least I’ll go to the range and go shoot. Click. Rack. Click.

The odd thing is that the trigger would reset without a mag inserted, during a normal function check. Only when I mag was put in was the spring tension pushed in the wrong direction for the trigger to reset.

As for the staking, it’s like a permanent piss off reminder. Especially cause I’m OCD with my guns.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:45:41 AM EDT
[#3]
i'd be asking for a new gun from that smith
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Time for the gs to pony up for a new frame imho.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:00:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I would be SUPER pissed about those staking marks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top