Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2020 9:35:43 AM EDT
Hey y'all, new to this beautiful free state from a previous commie state and been building up my arsenal but having trouble finding an actual gunsmith. I recently found one but he's retiring 1/1/2021 and is not taking new jobs on. I'm tired of googling smiths only to find out they are only armorers.

If anyone local has any smiths they trust in central Florida, gulf coast area, literally anywhere from Hudson down to Punta Gorda is within driving distance to me and all the way out to Lakeland heading Eastbound.

Thanks in advance!

-Sal
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Gun stock and barrel in Inverness does gunsmithing work but I’d certainly suggest calling them first to see their availability for new projects. Kind of far for you if you’re talking about Hudson etc but it’s an option.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 10:08:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Eh, it's only 1.5 hrs away, that's not that much further than I wanted to go. I'll check them out. Thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#3]
In addition to Gun, Stock, and Barrel in Inverness (known personally to me), also check out:

Bruce Dow - Dow Arms Room - Dade City

Jerry Cole - Cole's Gun Shop - Dunedin/Clearwater

Bullet Hole - Sarasota

Sadly, the four mentioned above are the only ones left of the good ones that I'm aware of.  I used to be able to rattle off over a dozen.  I'm hopeful that other folks can recommend some additional high-quality Central Florida gunsmiths.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In addition to Gun, Stock, and Barrel in Inverness (known personally to me), also check out:

Bruce Dow - Dow Arms Room - Dade City

Jerry Cole - Cole's Gun Shop - Dunedin/Clearwater

Bullet Hole - Sarasota

Sadly, the four mentioned above are the only ones left of the good ones that I'm aware of.  I used to be able to rather off over a dozen.  I'm hopeful that other folks can recommend some additional high-quality Central Florida gunsmiths.
View Quote

Wow, thanks for the info!
Jerry Cole is pretty much only 15 minutes from where i currently live and Bullet Hole will be close to me when I move down there in January!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top