Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2002 7:56:29 PM EDT
Trigger bar hangs up on the frame(under the safety lever). It stays depressed. When I begin to squeeze the trigger it pops up with a "click" after about 2-3 mm of trigger travel. Other than that it seems to function fine but I haven't shot it since.

I noticed this after replacing grip with a Hogue and function testing, FWIW, but I can't see how that would affect it. I checked a Ruger at the gunshop and it doesn't do that.

Never noticed before and it doesn't seem right. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 4:34:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:21:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Kurt.

I did and it hasn't changed anything.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:46:33 AM EDT
[#3]
My trigger bar stays down too, after the slide cycles MANUALLY. Just barely pulling the trigger, it pops up. Mine has many rounds through it, so I would say its broken in. Now try holding back the trigger, cycle the slide, then slowly release the trigger, (simulating actual firing sequence), mine resets with authority. (empty gun of course) All is well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, Gene. I checked it out pretty good last night. Trigger bar seems to be hanging up on the hammer. Seems rough. I'm not going to worry about it. Will shoot within the hour and I expect everything will work fine.

Just seemed to stand out to me when I function tested it and I am very familiar with all of my guns so when something tweaks my brain as being a little different I pay attention.

Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top