Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2002 7:58:00 PM EDT
I'm doing a project Taurus 101 and want to have the slide finished in NP3. The problem is that the slide has considerable but light pitting (.003 deep?)and I'm concerned that the finish will show the pitting. Can I fill the pitting with JB Weld and sand to smooth or is that a bad idea for some reason (the finish won't stick)?
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 3:04:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I have used sandblasters at gas stations at times for sandblasting/glassbeading slightly pitted frames and slides if that is any help. Sandblasting masks/blends irregular surfaces prior to refinishing. And it doesn't affect rollmarks. Just another option...
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 3:58:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, I've already tried to file, my next step is bead blasting. thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 6:30:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top