Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2002 5:03:30 PM EDT
have a 70 series gov model and wanted too put a different hammer and trigger on it, (and have no previous gunsmithing experience) this might be a stupid question but would this be a job that I could attempt I would like too learn about 1911's and gunsmithing would this be a good start?
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:02:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:49:33 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the reply the gun already has a beavertail safety that was put on a while back by a friend. The main reason I want too do it myself is, I like 1911's and would like too work on them, I would like too learn more about guns and the cost of gunsmithing. Any good books I should pickup that could help me thru this project?
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 4:15:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually, you can grind out the original grip safety to match the rounded hammer and still use the spur hammer too. I did mine with a dremel, but my parts were stainless, so no refinishing was involved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top