Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2004 7:58:25 AM EDT
i have a revolver, 22 short cal, 7 shot cylinder, smoothbore, made in early 1900's best i can tell, i am trying to get it to working order, it will not be fired when done, but i want it to function

the arm that rotates the cylinder is not functional, and is missing, rusted away i guess, everything else seems to be there, but i have no idea what the part should look like

where would i find the diagram of the part, i could just make one, the whole gun seems simple, i will post pics if needed

this gun was probably made by the son of eli whitney, who made the cotton gin and started the gun company whitneyville armory in 1798

stamping on underside of barrel says 5555, as does the frame inder the grip

the top strap of the frame above the cylinder is stamped tycoon
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#1]
What you are missing is called the pawl.
post as many pics of the gun as you can and we will try to help out.
you can make one out of a piece of steel.
usualy they look like this.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:16:34 AM EDT
[#2]

here are some starter pics
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top