Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2009 5:31:41 PM EDT
I got 4 mags in today for my M&P9.  The bodies appear to be the same as the two that came with the gun.  However, the followers are different.  See my pics below.  The left mag is the style of the two that came with the gun.  The mag on the right represents the four extras I ordered.  The follower on the right has a 9 in it where the bullet rests against it.  I am assuming these are different revisions.  Anybody know which one is the newest?  One better than the other?  All six mags are the newer flat finish, not the early gloss finish.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 10/28/2009 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Generation One followers were the black ones that came with the glossy mags.
Generation Two followers are the ones on the left.
Generation Three followers are the ones on the right.

You will also notice that the Gen3 followers are longer front to back than the Gen2 followers.

I look at it this way. They wouldn't change them unless they had a good reason, would they?
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You will also notice that the Gen3 followers are longer front to back than the Gen2 followers.

I look at it this way. They wouldn't change them unless they had a good reason, would they?

Thanks for the info.  As long as they work, that's good enough for me.  Glock updated their 9MM followers like 6 times, but any I ever used worked fine.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:25:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info.  As long as they work, that's good enough for me.  Glock updated their 9MM followers like 6 times, but any I ever used worked fine.

+1 - I've had just about every generation of Glock mag and follower ever made and never had a problem. I also have Gen1 and Gen2 M&P mags and haven't had an issue with either one of those yet either. I will admit I do prefer the matte finish on the gen2 over the glossy gen1's but functionally I haven't seen a difference.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I experienced problems with the gen 1 mags. the slide would not lock back when empty. sent them into S&W and got new ones no charge. Finish on gen 2 and 3 are also better gen 1 was blued.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry for the off topic question but does anyone know where to get good deals on S&W M&P magazines?
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Sorry for the off topic question but does anyone know where to get good deals on S&W M&P magazines?

http://www.44mag.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SWMP

got some.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If you've got balls:

botach tactical. Call them to make sure they have them in stock. 19.99 each, and their 'stimulus' coupon takes 15% off. I'm not sure if they're still running it. I bought 5 9mm mags, for under $100 shipped, it took two weeks to get here, but get here they did, and all were the most recent finish and follower.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 2:13:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you've got balls:

botach tactical. Call them to make sure they have them in stock. 19.99 each, and their 'stimulus' coupon takes 15% off. I'm not sure if they're still running it. I bought 5 9mm mags, for under $100 shipped, it took two weeks to get here, but get here they did, and all were the most recent finish and follower.

Balls.. brains.. patience.. all play a part in acquiring necessary components for a new S&W M&P 9c.  Not sure I have enough of all three to save $10 on a couple of magazines from those guys.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:51:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If you've got balls:

That's where I got mine from.  I know of the horror stories, my transaction went perfect.  Shipped the next day after I ordered them.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Ordered some from Botac a couple weeks ago and they shipped in 2 days.  I have had good and bad dealings with them but apparently they have alot of M&P mags in stock so I think you will be ok.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top