Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2009 12:00:23 PM EDT
I've been offered a 686 in trade for a package I had up for sale. It's a 686-5 p+ 7 round 6" barrel. (Plus a few speed loaders) The gun is in like new condition with less then 50 rds thru it. Haven't really kept up with Smith's pricing and internet prices seem to range from $450 - $950. Anyone want to through out some fair market values for this gun...

Thanks

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Buds sell it new for $655 delivered: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/26267

I'd say $550 or so is fair.  Smith revolvers have really gone up in price over the last few years.  I bought my lightly used 4" 686+ for $375 + tax at my local shop a few years back.  At the time, I think new ones were less than $500
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Buds sell it new for $655 delivered: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/26267

I'd say $550 or so is fair.  Smith revolvers have really gone up in price over the last few years.  I bought my lightly used 4" 686+ for $375 + tax at my local shop a few years back.  At the time, I think new ones were less than $500

$450 would be a more reasonable price. I've passed on them for less.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
While the 6" bbl is more coveted by the hunters, the rest of us have preferred the 4" model, IMO. As for value, I too would say somewhere in the $500-550 range is where is would sell at (versus asking price). Just not a lot of demand for the 6" barrels, they're slow sellers.

My .o2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top