Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2002 5:28:16 AM EDT
Friend has a Smith 9mm.  Bad magazine catch, its one of the plastic ones.  Calls Smith says what's the deal.  Smith gives him a Fed Ex number says send it in.  Sends it in Tuesday morning.  Gets gun back, fixed, Thursday afternoon.  Amazing.  From Iowa to Mass. and back to Iowa in three days.

May not like their politics but it seems Smith is trying.

Link Posted: 2/11/2002 9:04:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I have sent broken parts in the past for replacement, never a problem. They would not sell me an extractor, however, unless I bought a "flag gage" and no magnum barrels either, just non critical parts, probably the liability thing. I'd rather send the bad part, if possible, than the gun itself. And I suppose there are a few fences to try to mend with gunowners, even with new owners. 3 days! Not bad, did it go by concorde?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top