Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2007 3:02:34 PM EDT
I want to get my first revolver, a .357. The primary purpose will be for recreational target shooting, secondarily to replace my K&K USP as the house gun. I'm not sure what barrel length to start with, 3" or 5". Concealed carry is a possibility, but it I would not be opposed to getting a separate 3" for this purpose.

So, I kind of like a few of the PC models, one being the 586. I also like the TRR8 (which has no compensator). Another option would be the Ruger SP101 (as a hiking and outdoor companion).

Question for those that shoot the L-Comp models - is it more really more accurate and easy to follow-up? Is felt recoil reduced?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Recoil is not reduced, muzzle flip is what a comp is designed to reduce.

If this is gonna be your only wheel gun, then I would suggest the 3" version. Obviously you can shoot milder .38s for giggles & not have to allow your hand to recover from the .357s.

My .o2    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top