Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 8:32:33 PM EDT
Well...how the hell do you field strip it?  I'm a police officer, and took one of these off a bad guy a couple nights ago.  I can always figure out how to field strip any pistol I come across, but this one kicked my ass!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Make certain the chamber is clear

Use a punch and mallet to remove rollpin located on the rear of the frame. Use light pressure from the mallet in knocking the pin out. Do not remove any other rollpins.

Grasp the rear of the slide from the top and pull it back from the frame, then up and then forward and remove from the slide, clear from the barrel.

Remove the recoil spring from the barrel.

Remove the takedown rail by sliding it off the rear of the slide."U-shaped metal piece."

The SW380 is now ready for normal cleaning. Further disassembly is not recommended.

For a pocket pistol, it's really not bad. It does have the cheap zinc slide, but the fire control is absolutely reliable and it is safe with one in the chamber. The trigger pull is very heavy. Mine shoots to point of aim, but provides considerable recoil sting. Beats the Lorcin L380 by miles.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been told the pin that gets punched out will indeed shrink with repeated removals & not stay tight after a while.

I would just clean the bore, oil it & let it go. These things sold for only $150 or so when new.

My .o2    
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I was told by an SW rep that since they don't have a lot of replacement parts for these, but since they were offered with a lifetime warranty, that in some cases they will upgrade the repair recipient with "another type" model replacement.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:05:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was told by an SW rep that since they don't have a lot of replacement parts for these, but since they were offered with a lifetime warranty, that in some cases they will upgrade the repair recipient with "another type" model replacement.

That would piss me off. I loved my SW380. Wish I could find another for sale cheap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top