Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2003 5:01:44 PM EDT
Anybody have any experience with this pistol?  My wife is getting her CCW pretty soon and she is very interested in this gun.  Any comments will be welcome.

Stink Foot
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 11:22:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Accuracy will be less than perfect, IMO. Of course, your wife may have an entirely different criteria than I do.  >gg<

If it fits her hand & she likes it & she's ok with 9mm recoil, then that's the one she should get. Clearly S&W makes a quality gun.
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 10:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
You’re probably going to have to assemble and disassemble it for her.  They don’t come apart easily!!

The quality of newer S&W’s is quite good.  S&W’s going back to the mid 1990’s and earlier are really hit and miss.

Just a suggestion - she might also want to look at the Sig P239, which is maybe a smidgen larger but, IMHO, is better than the Ladysmith.
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 5:16:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the feedback!  Next time I take her to the local gun shop I'll have her take a look at the Sig.

SF
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#4]
The 3913 has an excellent reputation as a concealed carry pistol.  Even people who hate S&W autos, like the 3913.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top