Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2006 2:16:57 PM EDT
Info on recall

I called today and they are sending out a return label.  I am hoping that the turnaround doesn't take too long.  I really want to hunt with it this year.
Link Posted: 9/24/2006 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I actually got to handle one of the "4" that they are talking about.  I have two pictures of the gun in my cell phone that I have been showing people.  Barrel was blown completly in half lengthwise with the compensator intact somehow.  If somebody here can host the pix give me an email and I will try to send them to you from my phone.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:53:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Got it back the other day.  Can't say that they did anything other than inspect it and put the "dimple" on the frame to mark it as "OK".  The entire process of returning to Smith and getting it back took little more than a week.  All in all, not to bad on the turnaround.

Now to sight it in and get ready for some fun....here little deer,
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Just sent my 460 back to them on tuesday, have not heard nothing yet. It would really suck if they have to change my barrel because the one i had shot some tight ass groups. It would hold 1&1/2'' inch groups @100 yards with a 260gr. NOSLER PARTITION and 46.0grs. of H-110. Be a shame not to see that again!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top