Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2001 2:51:35 PM EDT
Feels awesome in the hand more like an extension of it. Good balance and all around nice shooter.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#1]
the 586 4in was my first handgun! i got it when i was 13 and it is still my fav!
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 7:06:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Couldn't agree more, I wish they made a 586+ (I just don't like stainless revolvers).
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I prefer the Model 19, less barrel heavy.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#4]

I have owned a S&W 686 now for 10 years.  It was the first "legal" handgun I bought.  Previously I was under 21 and had an Uncle who would purchase the pistols and such that I wanted for my collections.
  The S&W was the first non-collector piece that I bought and I have carried it with me with 2 soeed loaders whenever I have ever felt a need to do so.  The only other pistol I would trust my life to is my 1911 model but I am afraid to shoot it becuase it's a Govt model "Singer" manufacture.  One of these days I will buy a Springfield 1911-A1 and I'll be complete for protection.
 My 686 is a 4" mod 3 with Hogue gripper grips.  I bought them when I purchased the pistol before they were common and were not even a factory option.  The only reason I got those was becuase the wholesaler I got it from was out of the Pachmyer grips.  In Hindsight I am glad of the shortage.  The Hogue Grippers fit my hand perfectly and I point naturally every time I grab the pistol without even having to think about it.

Johnny McD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top