Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2006 7:34:35 AM EDT
Is a S&W Model 13 a good pistol?  I had one a long time ago and remember it shooting well.  It had fixed sights and a heavy four inch barrel.  I just got the opportunity to get the same pistol back from my brother (who shot it very little) and was wodering what S&W enthusiasts thought of them.  
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:43:31 AM EDT
[#1]
best all around pistol imho.  357/38 no  sight adjustment problems.   basic all around gun. have one for 20 plus years  looks as good as the day i bought it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:04:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Wonderful gun. Maybe one of the models that made S&W the giant it is today.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Good enough to be THE standard FBI gun forever in 3", until they finally went to autos.

There's not much bad you can say about the gun and a whole lot good.  Probably my ideal "working gun" would be a model 13 or 65 (the stainless version of the same).

It's one of the few guns that can do it all.  From home defense, CCW, service sidearm, hunting, plinking, target, everything.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:59:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Get it back!  I love K-frames and my favorite revolver is a 15-4.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top