Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 5:20:58 AM EDT
Is it reliable?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#1]
All 3rd generation guns I have tried have worked great!  SO far I have shot a 5906, 4006, and 3913.  I have owned a 39-2 first generation with no issue.  I use and carry a 6946 as a primary gun!

The Chief Special 9 is a nice carry rig so buy it!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#2]
The Chief's Special models never sold very well. I looked at them many times & they always felt like holding a 2x4 in my hand, i.e. no ergonomics at all!  

There's a lot better S&W semi's out there, IMO. The SW99, for starters, would be a much better choice, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:36:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The Chief's Special models never sold very well. I looked at them many times & they always felt like holding a 2x4 in my hand, i.e. no ergonomics at all!  

There's a lot better S&W semi's out there, IMO. The SW99, for starters, would be a much better choice, IMO.

My .o2

Like a brick with a trigger.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got one, and I agree that it feels like a brick. The trigger is really heavy in DA, and at first it was gritty, better now with 200+ rounds thru it.  That being said, it is accurate and comes back on target nicely for followup shots.  Can't really complain all that much, it only cost me $280 NIB.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top