Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2006 3:28:29 AM EDT
The trigger on mine was a bit gritty when it was new. after shooting it a bit it really smoothed out and now is better than any of my XD's. I truly love my M&P and cant wait untill i can get one in .45 acp. I think i am going to buy a 9mm to just for fun.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#1]
How many rounds do you have through it so far?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#2]
750+ and i still have not cleaned it. I love this pistol beats my XD's hands down!!! very well made accurate as well
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:35:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
750+ and i still have not cleaned it. I love this pistol beats my XD's hands down!!! very well made accurate as well

Thanks man!

That just lets me know that I made the right decision when I traded in my GLOCK 19 for it!

I can't wait to shoot this thing!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#4]
when the 9mm comes out, I plan to try and dig one up to try out - if I like it, maybe I'll get one.

That new Kimber polymer gun looks an aweful lot alike the M&P, though. I'm curious about that one too, after it gets released in 9mm.

Why is everyone releasing 40 cal guns first :p
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:29:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Why is everyone releasing 40 cal guns first :p

That's probably a good thing in my opinion. Good if you are a .40 guy because up to this point, most guns were designed as 9mm gun and then later converted to .40. Because of that I believe, some of those guns are not as reliable in .40 as they are in 9mm.

It's also good if you are a 9mm guy because if the gun was designed to withstand the .40, then it will be over built for the 9mm. I like over built guns!

What I'm more interested in is the mag disconnect and internal lock. I will not buy a gun with either of those features. It was rumored that LEO's would be able to buy these M&P's without those features. Does anybody know if any of these stripped down versions have made it into the general circulation yet?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:19:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Every M&P I've seen to date has the mag disconnect safety, but NO internal lock.  It seems S&W's first batch was made without the lock.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:30:23 AM EDT
[#7]
If the magazine disconnect "safety" is like their other autos, it's a very simple thing to disconnect on your own.  I don't, because I like having the safety, especially on a duty gun, but many others have.  I've read about doing it before, and it's as simple as removing a plastic piece in the slide, if I remeber correctly.

I would assume they made it as simple to install/remove as their other autos.  It wouldn't make sense to have a complicated assy when they offer the pistol both ways.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top