Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 11:29:45 AM EDT
What's the deal on S&W? I used to be able to find a nice used Model 29 for a reasonable cost.
I only see 629's now. I have a Taurus Stainless 44 mag to hunt with. But it just isn't the same staring down a milk jug with a Shiny gun. SIGH I want to at least resemble Dirty Harry when I tell that jug to MAKE MY DAY
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I am looking for one myself.  Somehow on the auction sites, they are priced a little over my budget.  What I would give to own another model 29 with an 8 3/8" barrel !!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe in your parts but around here 29's have never been plentiful or reasonable.  Not even close.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]
29 owners aren't letting them loose, IMO. The cost of replacing them are too high with NIB versions as well as the lack of options for blued models.

I have a 29 Classic model & love it!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]
S&W has only just recently started offering blued revolvers again.   And it is a very limited availability line of guns at that.

Problem is they want a freaking fortune for the stupid things.

How in the hell is a recent manufacture Model 29 worth 700-ish dollars that I see them going for?

I would be stupid to buy one when I could wait around for an older 29 to pop up.    Even here in California where the handgun approval bill causes prices for guns not on the approval list to command a premium, I can still find 29s occasionally for the 450-550 range in great shape.

I personally would MUCH rather have my firing pin where it belongs(on the hammer), no stupid internal lock, AND spend 200 dollars less money to buy an older gun than some current manufacture goddy assed M29 with ugly words "Mountain Gun" in gold enlaid laser engraving.

Others are beginning to figure this out for themselves as well.    Hold out, you will find a gun eventually.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#5]
uglygun, nice collection!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:15:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:27:25 AM EDT
[#7]
That pic brings a tear to my eye  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top