Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2005 9:37:49 PM EDT
I would like to get a light 22LR revolver and want to know if any of you guys have had any experince with the 317 with the 2 or 3 in. barrel?  are these good guns.  I have a couple other S&W revolvers and love them. just want to know how these ones are.  Is recoil an issue, don't think it will be sence it's a 22, but I've herd guys say the airlights aren't good to shoot alot because they are so light and they are a pain to shoot. well let me know thanks.
also how accurate is it?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#1]
These guns will easily hold up to .22LR shooting. The barrel has a sleeved bore that allows the lighter weight. No such thing as +P+ Corbon .22LR, AFAIK???

As for accuracy, who can one say for another shooter & their ammo? It's a snakeshot/belly gun, nothing more, anyways.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:32:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Long story short . . . .

Wifey told me a couple of months ago that she wanted HER own handgun  ! !  

And she wanted to go and pick it out too  ! !   (told her I had a box full in the gun safe -- not good enough  ! )

Anyway . .  went to the local toy store that ALWAYS has a VERY good selection of handguns and told the salesman "show her anything she wants to look at, just don't tell her the price"  (did not want "price" to be the deciding factor).  

So . . . after about an hour and a half -- she looked at a LOT of handguns  ! ! -- said "I want this one" -- it was a model 317, with the 3 inch barrel.  I asked her why and she said "nicer finish, smoother trigger action, appears to be high quality, fits my hand like a glove."

Need I say more ? ? ?

Anyway . . . she shoots it a LOT  !   Loves the little thing.  

Recoil ? ?   What recoil ? ?  

Top quality handgun  !

Remember what Grandma always said :  "Buy quality -- you'll only cry once".

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top