Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2005 11:38:44 PM EDT
I know that I asked here about a year ago, but I was unable to act on any recommendations then...

So, I'm asking again!

Can anyone recommend any paddle holsters for the SW99?  I would be using it for concealed carry.  I really like Uncle Mike's Kydex paddle holster for my HK USP Compact, but it's not offered for the SW99.

If there are any non-paddle holsters that you really like, feel free to recommend them, too!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Fobus that I used for my SW99 @ the range that just didn't cut it for me when I finally
got my CCW. On me, it caused the grip to twist up and out making a pretty noticeable bump.
I just recently got a Don Hume JIT Slide (not a paddle holster) that suits me much better.
Hugs my side better and isn't quite as obvious. I may end up trying an IWB holster for even
more concealability, but I'm content for now.
J
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:38:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a Fobus that I used for my SW99 @ the range that just didn't cut it for me when I finally
got my CCW. On me, it caused the grip to twist up and out making a pretty noticeable bump.
I just recently got a Don Hume JIT Slide (not a paddle holster) that suits me much better.
Hugs my side better and isn't quite as obvious. I may end up trying an IWB holster for even
more concealability, but I'm content for now.
J

Yeah, Fobus isn't the the best holster in the world...  They also can be broken off of your waist/belt very easily!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:58:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a Fobus paddle for my SW 99 in .45acp & have no problems or complaints. As for breaking, I have no plans to wrestle anyone while wearing it. YMMV?

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:18:06 AM EDT
[#4]
If you can't find a holster you like designed for the SW99, you can try a GLOCK holster for fit sometimes they work.  My FOBUS I got for my GLOCK 17 works perfectly for my SW99 45.  I've heard that some other also work, but you need to get your hands on and check for sure first.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:22:56 AM EDT
[#5]
You could get a paddle for converting a belt holster like this: www.unclemikes.com/adtemplate.asp?invky=9004962&catky=3407251&subcatky1=4548802&subcatky2=7357446

and use the belt holster which I can't find on Uncle Mikes site, but here it is at midway

I have the belt holster and I like it
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:35:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
use the belt holster which I can't find on Uncle Mikes site, but here it is at midway

I have the belt holster and I like it

You're using this holster?  The difference in trigger guard between the SW99 and Walther P99 doesn't have an effect on the fit?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top