Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 8:01:31 PM EDT
Do you any of you guys have link to information, review or anything on the 909? Or do any of you have any experience with it? A friend of mine got one for free (so already a good thing) from his step dad and he was asking me about it, I do not know much of anything about the Smith and Wesson semi autos. I searched the site to avail. Any help appreciated guys. His previous and first experience was with a Llama mini-max, which was a definite jamomatic pos. So hopefully this will be a welcomed addition to his small but growing arsenal.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:39:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The 909 was the "plain-Jane" version of the 3904...I think...they have too damned many number designations!... Single stack mag 9mm, full sized pistol with plain finish and sights (not the Novaks) Smith & Wesson no longer shows it on their site, so maybe they have discontinued it? (Not sure) They are decent guns and MUCH better than that Llama! Any full sized  9rd. 39 series S&W 9mm mag should work in it, but my experience is that best results are often had by downloading these magazines to 8rd.

NIce gift!

It is definitley "plain jane" for sure, nice pistol nonetheless. I checkd their sight first and noticed it was not there, and I agree on the too many model numbers. It shoots very nice and 1000 times better than the Llama which became an object of aggression release for us.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#3]
They are good and reliable single stack semi-autos that are good for carry pieces.  Was looking for a 909, 908, 3913 or 3914 when I found my 39-2 which is an earlier version which grew into these models.  Great shooting, fits your hands well, points well for me and reliable.

Sounds like a perfect gun for your friend!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]
They're entry level, nothing flashy or exotic about them. Clearly, the price was right in this deal. Shoot it a lot, change the recoil spring once in a while & it'll last a long time, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok good, I am glad he finally got something that will be dependable. That Llama would have been more useful to throw it at a bad guy. It's a nice pistol, his stepdad isn't filthy rich, but he's not hurtin either. He is notorious for buying things, especially firearms, and never doing anything with them. This one was the same case, never even fired. Along with several revolvers that are still boxes, maybe I can talk one off of him.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:03:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ok good, I am glad he finally got something that will be dependable. That Llama would have been more useful to throw it at a bad guy. It's a nice pistol, his stepdad isn't filthy rich, but he's not hurtin either. He is notorious for buying things, especially firearms, and never doing anything with them. This one was the same case, never even fired. Along with several revolvers that are still boxes, maybe I can talk one off of him.

If he has a spare wheelgun or two, let me know. I am running a little low on revolvers lately and could use a few, especially as a gift!

(IM me for my FFL's address!)

Hey I get first dibbs lol, he has a .30 carbine I've been pineing over for a couple years now. I wish I had the funds to just buy stuff for the hell of it, must be nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top