Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2005 8:38:47 PM EDT
I have the itch for one of the 317 8 shot 22's for carrying on my mtn bike or hiking.  Not for bear protection, just to assasinate the occasional unsuspecting rat or non-native bird (ie starling).

Anyone have thoughts about these or a viable alternative?

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#1]
AFAIK, there's no other competition in the same class as far as weight of gun. They are indeed a good choice for LW carry in a .22 caliber.

I use a model 63, a stainless steel model with more weight than I would prefer.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one and when you have it on your belt , you forget it's there. Nice shooting gun.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Got to handle one last weekend.  What a lightweight little bundle of joy....  Its officially on my (very long) wish list
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:30:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one as well.  Works great, very lightweight, accurate, fun to shoot.  My wife doesn't like the DA trigger pull, a bit strong for her.  So I may need to keep shooting it more to loosen it a bit or look into reducing the trigger pull.  But I like it and it shoots great.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:07:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have one as well.  Works great, very lightweight, accurate, fun to shoot.  My wife doesn't like the DA trigger pull, a bit strong for her.  So I may need to keep shooting it more to loosen it a bit or look into reducing the trigger pull.  But I like it and it shoots great.

That trigger ain't going to loosen up.  I may replace the spring on mine to lighten it.  Wolff makes a spring that will do the trick.  I'd like to replace it myself, but I'm not  sure what's involved.

It is a nice gun.  I bought mine to get my wife into shooting.  That didn't work.  Now my 8yr old son and I shoot it about twice a month.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, the DA trigger on a rimfire will always be stiff, it takes a pretty good whack to touch off those primers.  SA can be quite nice.

I saw a taurus display this weekend and they are coming out with an ultra light 9 shot 22.  Its not as light as the smith and has a 2" bbl as the only choice.  I would really like a 4" bbl.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top