Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2017 8:12:18 AM EDT
Looking to get a PC Shield and saw some mention of certain ammo not playing well with the ports.  I believe it was the Blazer stuff.  I downloaded the manual but could not find anything.  

For those of you that own the PC Shields or know the answer, is there ammo that is a no-go in the PC Shield?  Are plain lead bullets without a jacket okay?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I like better sites and a polished trigger.  I do not like ported barrels.  

Unless you want a ported barrel which decreases velocity just a little bit and throws fire in the air directly in your line of sight in low-light situations. And is just another place for Junk to get in your slide and Barrel.

I would recommend putting your choice of sites on the standard shield and polishing your own trigger.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 8:14:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I have had a PC shield for about 5 months now and haven't ran into any problems with it. Even as stated above doing low light or night shoots the ports do have some flash but didn't seem to obscure my target or mess with my night vision.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Benson.  I've weighed the pro's and con's and with the rebate figured I'd try one out.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 6:38:43 AM EDT
[#4]
My thoughts on the PC Shield are well known.  Bad idea for a carry gun.  I say that as a PC owner myself.

Those Hi Viz sights aren't the greatest.  Would switch those out right away on carry gun.

However....to answer the OP's question....my buddy's PC Shield does seem to be pretty finicky with ammo.  It's worked in a bit now, but when he bought it, it was a 50/50 toss up if a box of ammo would cycle reliably
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:32:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Imo if someone grabs ahold of the slide they'd surely let go shortly after.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top