Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2002 8:18:51 PM EDT
I am extremely new to the handgun world.  I have a Bushmaster XM15 M4 Carbine, but I am clueless when it comes to handguns.  I decided to pick up a revolver this afternoon at a local gun shop.  I was looking for a 4" stainless .357 MAG revolver that had a decently high capacity.  I decided on the S&W 686 Plus.  My question is this...I understand it will fire a .38 Special +P along with the .357MAG.  Will it also fire a normal .38 special round (w/o the added pressure)?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 12:12:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, any .357 mag will fire any .38 Special rounds.  Except for the case length, its basically the same round.  Cheaper practice ammo!
dp

Sounds like a good choice... although if you don't like it, you can send it to me!
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:42:39 AM EDT
[#2]
No problem shooting the 38special. You also won't have to worry about bullet shape or any of those other things. You made a great choice. Now get us a range report and some pictures.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a 686+ with the 5" barrel.  I don't ever recall firing anything except .38 Special out of it.  It's just too much fun -- it feels like shooting a .22 out of that big heavy sucker.

Oh, and I have a photo tutorial on my site explaining how to clean your revolver.  There are pictures of me cleaning my 686.  www.geocities.com/kemays/pistolclean.html
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:12:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the answers guys...i'll try to have some photos up here shortly. (if i can figure out how to do it.. >:/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top