Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2015 11:26:05 PM EDT
I have a standard m&p 9 and 40, with apex trigger kits. I also have a pro series c.o.r.e 9 also with an apex trigger but has a 4.25" barrel. The issue is I've always wanted the pro series 9 with a 5" barrel. Would you guys sell the pro series 9 because at this time I don't plan on running optics?  sell the standard 9 because the pro series shoots better? Or just do what a normal gun addict would do and just add to the collections? Lol. Any input would be much appreciated
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:56:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I would just add in the new Pro due to the fact they all take the same mags.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:50:18 AM EDT
[#2]
If it was me I'd sell the standard and buy 1,000 rounds of 9mm or so with the money. First I'd reinstall the factory trigger and take the Apex kit from that and put it in the Pro 5 inch.

I really enjoyed the Pro 5 inch 9mm I had.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:43:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd sell the standard and then at some point pick up a 9mm barrel for the .40
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Did you notice an increase in accuracy with the 5"? and I had a conversion barrel for the .40 from storm lake but it was very unreliable. I assumed do to different color recoil springs, 115gr 9mm couldn't get the slide all the way back because I multiple failure to ejects
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you notice an increase in accuracy with the 5"?
View Quote

Yes the longer sight radius made me a lot more accurate. Was alot more pointable for me too.  All round I noticed a substantial difference in my accuracy and speed at which I was able to obtain that level of accuracy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#6]
sweet. thank you for the input, that helped guide me decision.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top