Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 6:44:37 PM EDT
I purchased a M&P 9 maybe 5 years ago.  First time I shot it and afterwards got the Apex DAEK and installed.   Sweet!  No problems with hundreds of rounds.

Today I was doing some double taps but decided to shoot some Monarch steel 9mm vs Monarch brass or WWB.   After about 3 mags of 10 rounds each I had what I originally thought was a squib round.   I got a bunch of smoke out of the breach area and thought for sure I had just put a bullet in the barrel.  But I could not retract the slide.  I had to slightly knock the slide against the bench to get it to begin to slide rearward.   I got the round out but the bullet was still in the case however the primer had been pierced.  I had meant to bring the round back to check the powder charge but left it at the range.  Also the primer was pushed back slightly out of the case.

I continued to shoot the steel ammo but kept having light primer strikes occasionally.   Every round that failed to fire I could manually operate the slide, recock the striker and the round would fire on the 2nd attempt.  Every one of them without fail.  After about 150 rounds I switched to WWB and fired about 50 rounds more and did not have any more FTFs.   So I assume it was possible hard(er) primers on the Monarch steel cased ammo.

Thoughts?  Anyone else see issues with light primer strikes with the DAEK kit?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top