Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2005 5:10:10 PM EDT
Any help here?  I'm trying to take it apart like a 1911 and I can't get the slide-stop out.

If anyone has a link to some instructions that would be great.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:47:34 AM EDT
[#1]
You must hold the slide to the rear while you remove the slide stop. Try taking something like a plastic pen , etc. to push on the opposite side of the stop and get it started so you can grasp it with your fingers. It helps to have three hands for this, but if you can mimic a racoon with the two you have you can get this done.

The factory armorers use a wierd sort of overhand grip on the slide with the thumb of the right hand under the "beavertail" of the frame and squeeze with the the four fingers to hold the slide in position while they remove the slide stop with the left hand.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:58:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The factory armorers use a wierd sort of overhand grip on the slide with the thumb of the right hand under the "beavertail" of the frame and squeeze with the the four fingers to hold the slide in position while they remove the slide stop with the left hand.

Wouldn't call it "wierd" but this method works well on most semi-autos.......

Make certain your "looking/focusing" at the correct spot on the slide, the "notch" (left side pistol, area above the NW quadrant of the grip) where the slide-stop nubbin actually exits the interior of the slide, if mis-aligned you'll never get it out.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:04:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Make certain your "looking/focusing" at the correct spot on the slide, the "notch" (left side pistol, area above the NW quadrant of the grip) where the slide-stop nubbin actually exits the interior of the slide, if mis-aligned you'll never get it out.

Mike

That proved to be the problem.  I was lining up the "point" on the slide stop with the notch on the slide, when I should have been lining up the "pin".  Once I got that figured out it was all cake after that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top