Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2014 6:54:08 PM EDT
I emailed S&W to ask them at what round count to replace it as the round count on mine is well over 1K. IMO recoil springs are cheap insurance to replace on a regular basis, and I was wondering what the opinion was here, keeping in mind its a more compact gun, about the size of a G19.

Also been awhile since I have shot mine, was pretty pleased with how much the factory trigger has smoothed up with use and dry fire. At the range I go to we now have a steel plate range, I had no trouble hitting a 4" plate at 15 yards as fast as I could get the sights back on target.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:45:18 PM EDT
[#1]
For most pistols it's 5K.  My 9c had damn-near 2000 rounds and it's not even close to needing a new spring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top