Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2014 2:03:48 PM EDT
I ordered a new sear housing block for my M&P only to find it won't fit into my older FS with the internal lock.  There is a dimension fit issue - I could grind the new gen SHB down in certain areas to get it to fit, but I don't think I'm going to do this.

Does anyone still provide the larger sear return spring upgrade?  Apex no longer does this.  Is there an intermediate sear housing block (larger return spring, original external dimensions) I should be looking for?  

Should I just drill the damn thing out myself?

Sent an email to speedshooters to see if this is the correct sear housing assembly:

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, S&W still makes and sells the old "large sear spring" assemblies. If you have a small sear spring assembly, pull it out and send it to them with an explanatory letter - they will send you a large spring version for free. Of course, you may be without the gun for several weeks, so you can also buy one from Midway: LINK. Once you have replaced it, send the one out of your gun back to S&W... when the replacement eventually comes, you will have a spare.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top