Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2014 10:59:56 AM EDT
Search didn't lead to many results. Who here has the 4.25" Pro. Feedback on it? Any idea who makes the night sights?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of a 4.25" Pro.  Thought it only came in 5".
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:33:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one and a 5" pro as well.

I like them both, but i shoot the 5" a little better. The night sights a bright enough and have a white outline that is good during daylight, don't know who makes them though.
The more I shoot the 5" the better I like having a black rear sight, so I may try a plain 10-8 sight on the 4.25" gun, over the 3 dot setup.
The triggers on both are light but nothing to brag about. I replaced them both with the APEX poly trigger and added the RAM.

I also like the CORE style backstraps that came on my Pro's, gives the gun a better grip.

If you want to go full APEX kit, then you may want to find a regular M&P with night sights.

The 4.25" is my bedside gun.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Ideally I would get a reg 4.25 m&p and install APEX parts but don't think they make a non Leo version that comes with night sights installed. The 4.25 pro appears to be the only one from factory with night sights. Are you using the same holster for the 4.25 and 5" model?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:34:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one and a 5" pro as well.

I like them both, but i shoot the 5" a little better. The night sights a bright enough and have a white outline that is good during daylight, don't know who makes them though.
The more I shoot the 5" the better I like having a black rear sight, so I may try a plain 10-8 sight on the 4.25" gun, over the 3 dot setup.
The triggers on both are light but nothing to brag about. I replaced them both with the APEX poly trigger and added the RAM.

I also like the CORE style backstraps that came on my Pro's, gives the gun a better grip.

If you want to go full APEX kit, then you may want to find a regular M&P with night sights.

The 4.25" is my bedside gun.
<a href="http://s332.photobucket.com/user/bad2006z71/media/SW%20Pro%20Series%205in-9mm/20140401_2101391_zpscaf613f4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m359/bad2006z71/SW%20Pro%20Series%205in-9mm/20140401_2101391_zpscaf613f4.jpg</a>
View Quote

I love my 5 inch PRO.  Can't find a leather holster for it that I like.  I didn't know that the CORE backstraps were something different.

I recommend getting a standard 4.25 and full Apex kit, poly trigger and RAM.  I have always used a glowing front sight and a blacked out rear sight.  In reality you don't line up dots in the dark.  If you have good form your rear sights will line up behind the one glowing dot you can easily see.  IPSC shooters follow the front sight.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ideally I would get a reg 4.25 m&p and install APEX parts but don't think they make a non Leo version that comes with night sights installed. The 4.25 pro appears to be the only one from factory with night sights. Are you using the same holster for the 4.25 and 5" model?
View Quote

Sadly, I don't have a holster for either yet.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:01:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Search didn't lead to many results. Who here has the 4.25" Pro. Feedback on it? Any idea who makes the night sights?

Thanks
View Quote

Love mine
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't like Kydex or plastic.  I prefer off the shelf leather.

The Galco Concealable will work for your standard MP.  It's a solid, readily available, pancake style holster.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

The 5" M&Ps have a thinner slide than the shorter ones, so they don't fit all of the same holsters.

M&P factory night sights are Trijicon.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:25:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks topgun. I wasn't aware a 5" pro holster may not also accept a 4.25" reg m&p.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:33:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks topgun. I wasn't aware a 5" pro holster may not also accept a 4.25" reg m&p.
View Quote

Yeah it depends on if it the holster is molded to the slide or not. Some are just the same width as the standard FS M&Ps but just longer.

My Raven Phantom for my 5" Pro wont fit any 4.25" because of how the kydex is molded to the shape of the gun.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Just a little follow up.

Both my Pro's were bought new this year and have a very faint reset. Did some reading and S&W has changed the trigger bar, marked with an H, and the slide release to give a better felt reset.

My pro's have the H trigger bar, but not the new slide release. I just ordered 2 from G and R tactical and will change it out when they come in.

My friend just traded into a new regular M&P and the reset is very distinct, although I haven't looked at the parts, I'm sure it has the new updates.

Another little tidbit, his gun has the sear housing block that is made for the thumb safety model, (Sounds like S&W has standardized to this part) which doesn't have the hole for the APEX Ram, both of my Pro's have the other sear block that allows the Ram.

Sorry, bored tonight while the infant is sleeping.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a Dec 2013 Pro Series CORE 9, no updated slide lock. I put the APEX Poly FSS kit in and had no reset audible or tactile until I put the RAM in.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 5:12:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a 4.25" Pro and have also had a hard time finding information about it. Most I've seen are the 5". I went with the 4.25" because I wanted the night sights over the target sights.

Regardless, it has the 4.5 lb trigger, night sights, and CORE backstrap. I thought having those things was worth the extra $100 as now I don’t need to buy new sights or don’t feel the need to APEX the trigger. It was test fired 12/2013. Reset is decent. Not great, but good enough.

I've only ever seen two in person. My mom's and mine.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 5:19:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a Dec 2013 Pro Series CORE 9, no updated slide lock. I put the APEX Poly FSS kit in and had no reset audible or tactile until I put the RAM in.
View Quote

The reset on my pro's with the ram are not as good as my buddies new M&P with the updated slide release and H trigger bar. My new slide releases should be in tomorrow so I hope to get them installed in the next couple of days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top