Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2012 6:43:26 PM EDT
Just installed one and WOW. Very impressed. Transformed the gun completely. Just wanted to brag....that is all.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:15:04 PM EDT
[#1]
It's about time!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I put apex kits in all of my m&ps and they make a big difference in the way the trigger feels. I also shot with Randy, from apex, at the uspsa nationals and he is an great guy as well.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I'm about to order this. One question though, once I get this installed what else does Apex sell that would be good for a 40c?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate to spend money to fix something on a new gun but I put an Apex kit in my new M&P.  It was worth it.  I guess I'll put one on my next M&P, too.

I'm gonna get me a one in .357 SIG and get rid of the Glock M31.   Then a .40 S&W barrel for the new M&P.  Cover the bases.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I hate to spend money to fix something on a new gun but I put an Apex kit in my new M&P.  It was worth it.  I guess I'll put one on my next M&P, too.

I'm gonna get me a one in .357 SIG and get rid of the Glock M31.   Then a .40 S&W barrel for the new M&P.  Cover the bases.

Enhancement is not fixing, its just making a good thing better.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's about time!

NO KIDDING! I wonder why on earth it took me so long, lol
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#7]
That trigger needed to be "fixed".  It was so hard to pull that I only shot 30 rounds on my first range trip.  My GI surplus rifles have better triggers.  Even my new SIG 556R had a better trigger.  

The second day i had it I was dry firing it after cleaning it and it stopping releasing the striker.  I figured out I could pull the trigger to one side and it would release the striker.  Then that stopped (of course I kept fooling with it, the gun was 1 day in my possession with 30 rounds through it and it would only randomly "fire".  You could pull the trigger 3 times to maybe get one striker release.

On the M&P forum I was told to "relax" and just bend the lever that connects to the trigger and moves rearward to release the striker and push the striker lock up out of the way.  In my book that means the thing had to be fixed.

I bent the lever as directed and it was working again with that terrible hard trigger pull (that probably contributed to the lever bending in the first place).  The APEX parts took care of the nasty trigger pull and should keep the lever from bending again (since the striker releases with very little rearward pressure on the trigger now).

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That trigger needed to be "fixed".  It was so hard to pull that I only shot 30 rounds on my first range trip.  My GI surplus rifles have better triggers.  Even my new SIG 556R had a better trigger.  

The second day i had it I was dry firing it after cleaning it and it stopping releasing the striker.  I figured out I could pull the trigger to one side and it would release the striker.  Then that stopped (of course I kept fooling with it, the gun was 1 day in my possession with 30 rounds through it and it would only randomly "fire".  You could pull the trigger 3 times to maybe get one striker release.

On the M&P forum I was told to "relax" and just bend the lever that connects to the trigger and moves rearward to release the striker and push the striker lock up out of the way.  In my book that means the thing had to be fixed.

I bent the lever as directed and it was working again with that terrible hard trigger pull (that probably contributed to the lever bending in the first place).  The APEX parts took care of the nasty trigger pull and should keep the lever from bending again (since the striker releases with very little rearward pressure on the trigger now).

agree, but you should have just sent that gun to S&W.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 1:46:29 AM EDT
[#9]
While not S&W, the last time I sent a gun back for warranty repairs it took almost 6 months of excuses, having the wrong gun shipped back to me (I sent a pistol back, they sent a shotgun back to me), more excuses about why it was taking so long, promises it was going to ship at the end of the week, etc., etc., etc.

I finally told them I wanted it back, fixed or not, I got it, I had aleady ordered the parts (broken firing pin) and when I got it back (still broken) I fixed it myself.

That was the second time I let someone else work on one of my guns.  Never again.  Never.  I've got this funny thing about incompetence and being lied to.

Sorry.  The initial idea was to agree the APEX parts work and make the trigger much nicer which improves the shooting experience and makes you like the gun even more.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
While not S&W, the last time I sent a gun back for warranty repairs it took almost 6 months of excuses, having the wrong gun shipped back to me (I sent a pistol back, they sent a shotgun back to me), more excuses about why it was taking so long, promises it was going to ship at the end of the week, etc., etc., etc.

I finally told them I wanted it back, fixed or not, I got it, I had aleady ordered the parts (broken firing pin) and when I got it back (still broken) I fixed it myself.

That was the second time I let someone else work on one of my guns.  Never again.  Never.  I've got this funny thing about incompetence and being lied to.

Sorry.  The initial idea was to agree the APEX parts work and make the trigger much nicer which improves the shooting experience and makes you like the gun even more.

I agree with you, sorry you had a bad initial experience.  The trigger on my M&P9 was very shootable as I received it, I am always wanting more though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top