Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2012 1:24:22 PM EDT
I have a M&P 9, standard 4.25" barrel.  For a while I was using it for everything (carry, hunting, target).  I am going to pick up a M&P 9c, and was planning on bringing that for hunting and use it for carry as well, so was thinking about getting the M&P9L or Pro for target and possible future competition.  The problem is, I am a CA resident, and neither model is available.  Does anybody know if you can buy the slide and barrel and throw it on the regular frame?  Thoughts?  

Is the 9L/Pro that much more accurate than the standard 9?
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#1]
You will have no problem putting a 5 inch upper on a FS frame. The frame is the same. The difference is in the slide. I would say it is more accurate and is well worth the switch if you can find a slide. Dont know if you have the ability to but if you can i would get a 40 pro/L slide if possible with the ability to switch to a 9 later or also for uspsa you can shoot major or minor.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:42:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The recoil impulse is a little different on the 5" versions vs the 4.25".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top