Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2012 11:10:05 AM EDT
I sold two guns today and stopped at Quantico Tactical on the way back to work.  With money burning a hole in my pocket, I wanted to see the XD and M&P subcompact side by side.  Long story short, I chose the M&P after I fell in love with the trigger.  Now the AWESOME news:  $398 out the door!  Bad news:  They don't have any in stock and I have to wait for a few weeks.

So now do I need to ditch my XD Tactical and go with the M&P Pro?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd wait to see how the M&P compact actually works out for you before I got rid of the XD.

Mine have been excellent, and being an early adopter; I paid $540 for my 9mm compact and $600 for my full size .40 and I don't regret buying them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I sold two guns today and stopped at Quantico Tactical on the way back to work.  With money burning a hole in my pocket, I wanted to see the XD and M&P subcompact side by side.  Long story short, I chose the M&P after I fell in love with the trigger.  Now the AWESOME news:  $398 out the door!  Bad news:  They don't have any in stock and I have to wait for a few weeks.

So now do I need to ditch my XD Tactical and go with the M&P Pro?

Congrats.

Don't ditch the XD, if you are comfortable with it, before you get the M&P.

But I will say this-I predict that you will be ditching the XD, once you shoot the M&P..

He speaks the truth, it happened to me.  Glocks to M&Ps.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#4]
You guys love the triggers on M&Ps?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd wait to see how the M&P compact actually works out for you before I got rid of the XD.

Mine have been excellent, and being an early adopter; I paid $540 for my 9mm compact and $600 for my full size .40 and I don't regret buying them.

I to overpaided for my compact 9mm with a safety.  But it was what I wanted and I do not regret the purchase.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Got a call at lunch from the store and they had one come in unexpectedly today, so I'm leaving work shortly to pick it up!  WHOOT!

Pictures to come later!
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Got a call at lunch from the store and they had one come in unexpectedly today, so I'm leaving work shortly to pick it up!  WHOOT!

Pictures to come later!

Nice surprise to get You'll love it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#9]
So I picked it up this evening. I think it was about $429 OTD. Before I left the counter, the very cool clerk handed me a piece of paper and said "Fill this out. Send in your receipt anda copy of your .mil ID card and Smith will send you a $50 rebate.".

HOLY FUCKIN SHIT!  I saved $125 off the original cost because I'm a "Team Quantico" member and now I'm getting $50 more off the price!  Holy Fuck balls Batman, I'm going to buy the shit out of all the M&Ps they have!

This more than makes up for the completely retarded day I had at work today.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So I picked it up this evening. I think it was about $429 OTD. Before I left the counter, the very cool clerk handed me a piece of paper and said "Fill this out. Send in your receipt anda copy of your .mil ID card and Smith will send you a $50 rebate.".

HOLY FUCKIN SHIT!  I saved $125 off the original cost because I'm a "Team Quantico" member and now I'm getting $50 more off the price!  Holy Fuck balls Batman, I'm going to buy the shit out of all the M&Ps they have!

This more than makes up for the completely retarded day I had at work today.

Go shoot your M&P now!
I got my latest M&P last year for that same price from Quantico and I am still waiting for my rebate check.  Almost 2 months.  Should ship any day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top